Friday, February 02, 2007

How does Indianapolis not win this game Sunday? The way I see it, only one way: if Peyton Manning doesn't show up. If he goes to a movie theatre by mistake and gets engrossed in a film, the Bears have a chance. If Manning hits Taco Bell on the way to the stadium and it doesn't go down so well, the Bears have a chance. If, by chance, Manning is abducted by aliens and flown for a rendezvous with the Hale-Bopp Comet psychos, the Bears have a chance.

But if Manning shows up in Miami Sunday night and is the Manning we all have come to know and respect, the Bears don't have a shot.

I know all about the track record for big favorites in this game. I know if you give a good coaching staff two weeks to prepare for a giant, the giant can be slayed. But I don't see it happening Sunday.

Colts 27 Bears 14.

Just posted on my web site, the latest edition of Broo v. Broo. We get into it this week about who'll win Sunday and various other disagreements. Zip on over to www.kenbroo.com and check it out on my "Podcasts and More" page.

Also, get a grin from my latest offering "Broo Ha Ha", a weekly bit of sports humor. It's posted on the front page of www.kenbroo.com