Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm not worried about the Bengals offense. Willie Anderson will be back at right tackle by the season opener and all will be right with that side of the ball. It has the ability to average between 28-31 points per game. BUT, having to average that amount of points to win is an entirely different deal.

It's the other side of the ball I'm worried about. Other than using a first round pick to draft cornerback, Leon Hall, the Bengals have done little to fix a defense that hemmoraged points last season. Yes, rookie safety Marvin White, will be a good player and sure, they brought in a number of defensive linemen in the off season. But I've seen nothing to make me believe that this year will be better than last year, defensively.

We won't get any updates in this pre season finale Friday night when the Colts gallop into town. You'll be lucky to see any starters play in that game. I remember two years ago, when the Colts came here to finish the pre season, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and the rest of those first team offense stars were rumors. They never played a down. I doubt if it'll be different this year.