Wednesday, May 14, 2008

If...and it's still a rather large 'if'....Ken Griffey, Junior is on the trading block, his return to Seattle won't hinge on money. In "The Real McCoy" blog today, Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News has the story. He's also got the story behind Junior delivering about a half ton of pennies to Josh Fogg this afternoon.

Meantime, in New York, the paper Newsday has this story on what it believes is the impending trade of Adam Dunn.

I'm on the record saying this: I don't believe the Reds will part with both Dunn and Junior. One, or the other, will return. My money has been on Junior, for a number of reason. If Bob Castellini has the slightest inkling his team will contend later this summer, there's no way he'll let both go.

What the Reds are waiting for in promoting Jay Bruce from "AAA" is beyond me. In an afternoon game today, Bruce went 3-3 with a couple of walks. He had a double, triple and a home run. He's now hitting .366. Most of the players in the upper echelon of round one of his draft class are in the majors now. He needs to be brought up right now and left in centerfield for the next ten years.

My buddy Mike Florio from profootballtalk.com moonlights for The Sporting News. Check out Number 10 on this list.

The first time I saw this, I could not believe it. Manny Ramirez completes the big trifect: tracks down a fly ball, "High 5's" a fan in the stands and then doubles a runner off first. All within the span of about 10 seconds. Look at this!



I'm not a big Manny fan. But even I know greatness when I see it!

I'll see you tonight at 6 & 11p on WLWT, channel 5, in Cincinnati. And, check out my web site: www.kenbroo.com. I've got some cool audio posted, interviews and "The Broo View" podcast.