Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy Wednesday....

The latest Bengals Report, second of the week, has just been published on my web site, www.kenbroo.com. It's on the front page, right hand corner, easy to find. If you're in a hurry, just click here. It'll take you right to it.

Headlines: Marvin Lewis believes his team still has a shot to win the AFC North. Statistically, he's correct. In fact, the Bengals could be within a game of the lead Sunday night. A win over the Raiders coupled with a Ravens loss at Kansas City would leave the Bengals a game back with three to play. But, looming are those two road games at Indianpolis and Denver.

Levi Jones is out again this week. Rich Braham is out, too. But Kelley Washington is back, for the first time since October 15th. His injured hamstring is finally healed.

I don't know what I'm getting for Christmas. So I took care of myself today. I've bought tickets to watch my beloved Ohio Bobcats at Louisville this Friday and Saturday. 'Cats against the Cards on Friday. Then Saturday in the NABC Classic, it's Ohio against Bellermaine. After I dropped $125 on that, I figure, what the hell, and bought two courtside seats to the Ohio vs Cincinnati game in Cleveland December 30th. I'm anxious to see what kind of mix coach Tim O'Shea has this season. I really, really like Sonny Troutman's game, when he's into it. Sometimes, though, he seems to get lost on the court. Also want to catch junior forward Leon Williams. Last time I saw him in person, he dropped 29 on Buffalo.

No deals so far today for the Reds. The Mark Loretta rumor is just that, same for the Eric Gagne scenario. I'm told Barry Bond's agent has his client in tow, making the rounds at the winter baseball meetings in Orlando. Other than putting pressure on the Giants, I don't know what that accomplishes. Who would want him?

Ken