Friday, November 30, 2007

From my many 'alerts' in and around the world of sports comes this from minorleaguebaseball.com. Say what you want about former Reds GM Dan O'Brien (and I admit I have) he did have an eye for young talent. It was his strength. When and if the Reds finally contend, no small thanks should go to Dan-O for finding talent like Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce.


Speaking of baseball, I'll be holding down my regular shift Sunday at 9:00am on 700 WLW. We've got three big hourse and baseball will be part of the discussion. Tim Dierkes from mlbtraderumors.com will join me at 9:15am to preview the upcoming MLB winter meetings and to weigh in on the Reds outlook for 2007. Later in the hour, Cincinnati Post sportswriter, Josh Katzowitz will check in to visit about UC football and Brian Kelly. Doug Pelfrey stops by for his outlook on the Bengals vs Steelers. And after you watch the game on Cincinnati's channel 5, you can call me and vent about the outcome on 700 WLW and 1530 WCKY's Bengals Feedback. And for you displaced Cincinnatians, all of this is on XM Radio's channel 173!


Sports Rock follows the game on Channel 5. We'll have an indepth breakdown of the game, with George Vogel 'live' from Pittsburgh.


Just posted on my web site http://www.kenbroo.com/ is the latest "Bengals Report Podcast". Marc Hardin and I preview the upcoming Bengals vs Steelers game. You can find it on the front page!


Stand by for the latest "Broo View Podcast" on http://www.kenbroo.com/. That should be posted for your downloading and listening enjoyment Saturday morning. You can find it in the "Podcasts & More section.