Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Edwin Encarnacion will drive you crazy. On the most routine ground balls, he'll look like he's never played the game in his life. He already has eight errors this season. Yet, Monday night in St. Louis, here was Easy Edwin on his knees, throwing a runner out at second and ending a 7th inning threat. And then, Encarnacion made a spectacular catch near the Reds dugout to end the game. We'll never know how close he came to a demotion earlier this month. My guess is, fairly close. But now that he's hitting again (2-4, 2 RBI Monday night) Encarnacion has one of the more potent bats in the Reds line-up.

So just to set the record straight, fired GM Wayne Krivsky had this give and take with hall of fame baseball writer, Hal McCoy in the Dayton Daily News.

Meantime, Krivsky's successor, Walt Jocketty may be busy soon, according to foxsports.com.

I've got a confession: I rarely watch ESPN anymore. I have ESPN News on my satellite dish and find myself watching that channel more than the "Mothership". Why? Well, here's an example of what the original all sports network has degenerated into:

ESPN News gives you the highlights and the facts. ESPN caters to the egos of the network's 'stable of the stars', such as they are.

My buddy Mike Florio, from profootballtalk.com has some perspective on the Chiefs trading Jared Allen to the Vikings.

When it happened, I'm sure Bengals LT Levi Jones made a bee-line for the 2008 schedule. Easy, big man, the Vikes and Bengals don't play each other this season.

I've never been a big "Dr. Z" fan. I think he was relevant at one point during the Reagan adminstration. But if the Bengals are looking for someone who thinks they did a good job in the 2008 draft, "Dr. Z" is their guy. Here's what he's saying today on SI.com.

The latest "Broo View Podcast" is up and posted and ready for you to download. Here's the link. It's on the home page of my web site: http://www.kenbroo.com/.

That's it for tonight. I now have to figure out what's the problem with Johnny Cueto, who didn't make it through two innings tonight. See you on WLWT channel 5 in Cincinnati!