Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've seen worse performances by a starting pitcher than what Bronson Arroyo turned in last night. But I can't remember when. Oh, wait a minute, yes I can: May 4th Arroyo vs the Braves. 1.1 innings pitched, seven earned runs, seven hits. Oh wait a minute, that wasn't as bad as last night: 1+ innings pitched, ten earned runs, eleven hits.


From June 24, 2007 through June 24, 2008 (last night) no major league pitcher has allowed more home runs than Arroyo (66). How ya likin' that $22.5 million that the Reds have tied up in
the remainder of Arroyo's contract now?

I still think Ken Griffey, Jr, retires at the end of this season or works out some sort of deal to remain with the Reds. For those of you who still think Seattle is a destination, remember the Mariners have fired their manager and GM. And now comes this from si.com's John Heyman.

The Adam Dunn-JP Ricciardi saga took another little twist last night when Ricciardi says he called and apologized to Dunn for the disparaging remarks he made about the Reds slugger last week. News to me, says Dunn. I talked with no one named Ricciardi. Ricciardi is adamant that he spoke with Dunn, but offered that he'd be disappointed if he actually talked with someone posing as #44. Ricciardi says he deleted the number he called off his cell phone.

Ricciardi would have more credibility, if he hadn't admitted to falsifying injury reports about players in the past.

As for Dunn's cell phone number, I've got it, if JP wants to call.

I hope you were watching News 5 tonight when we ran this story on Chris Henry. The man is a walking, living disaster.

More to come....let me know what you think. Leave comments, I'll answer every one of them.